Provides dry, high-quality steam for process applications.
We are pleased to announce the general availability of the newly developed Electro-Pneumatic Control Valve (Model: CV-COS) for steam applications.
The bottom part of the valve features a built-in cyclone separator and free float steam trap. Just like the famous COSPECT pressure reducing valves, this provides dry, high-quality steam for process applications.
The top part of the valve features a compact pneumatic actuator with integrated I/P positioner. This feature saves space and simplifies steam system layout, piping and maintenance. Additionally, Zero/span adjustment can be performed by simple dial rotation.
Features and Benefits
- Built-in cyclone separator and self-modulating free float steam trap provide dry, high-quality steam supply improving productivity and product quality for process applications.
- Removal of condensate while valve is closed reduces scale adhesion and water hammer.
- One combination I/P positioner/actuator (I/P positioned actuator) saves space and simplifies system layout, piping and maintenance.
- Top mounting of the I/P positioned actuator eliminates passerby damage and misadjustment associated with side-mount components.
- Combined large-surface-area screen for trap and separator reduces cost and piping space.
- Zero/span adjustment can be performed by simple dial rotation.
- Self-adjusting chevron packing minimizes seal leaks, stem wear and stiction/hysteresis problems.